Thursday, February 7, 2008

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

The image “http://www.malaysiasite.nl/images/rat.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Gung Hay Fat Choy! Happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the rat! Yay, it's my year! (Oy, Another twelve years have already passed, which means I'm turning 24 this year. That's a whole other blog entry.) Today was an awesome Chinese New Year day. I got to share it with my kiddos. I did a whole presentation on Chinese New Year for them. We talked about where China is because we're learning about continents. Then, I told them what main dialects were spoken in China. I also read a little book explaining different traditions. I ad libbed what I normally do with my hubster's family. Lastly, I handed out red envelopes, oranges, and Chinese Horoscope pages. It was a bunch of fun.

No comments: