Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mad-Lib-Rainbow-Goldfish Picnic


from flickr


Every Thursday, we have a lunch bunch date with the kiddos. Each teacher and assistant has a group of students who we have lunch with. We have 1 or 2 students from each grade level, which allows us to get to know all the kids. (It's definitely a luxury of working at a teeny school.) Well, my lunch bunch kids have been requesting a picnic for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, it's been so soggy that we couldn't have it on the lawn. Finally, we had our first picnic together today! They were so excited. (Honestly, I think they just wanted to make the other kids jealous.) I wanted it to be a really special event, so I got them rainbow goldfish to munch on. In addition to the goldfish, I also printed out a mad lib to do together. I'm a big fan of mad libs. (I even had some at our wedding. lol) I think they're a great way to sneak in learning grammar. Back to the story, the mad lib was a HUGE hit! I had only one mad lib printed out because I wasn't sure how much they were going to like it. After we did it first time, they all said in unison "Can we do that again?" 0_0 I was so bummed out that I had to tell them that I didn't have another one. Then the sweet second grader Mr. AO said, "Can you just erase the answers and we'll do it again?" And we did! They enjoyed it even more the second time. How cute are these kids?

No comments: