Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bleh

The image “http://www.oddtodd.com/SLEEPY~1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

For the past couple of nights, I've been crashing on the sofa ridiculously early. We're talking like grandma early like around 8:00pm if not sooner. My hubster was asking why. I've finally thought about it and I think I know why. Today, I realized how emotionally invested I am with my kiddos. Of course, I knew I would be, but I didn't think it was going to be this much.

I get to experience the joys of their days with them like when they hear something funny in a story we're reading. I get to watch them become more confident as they realize that they can read without my help. With all these highs, there comes lows. Today, I had to be the crutch for one kiddo because their foot, which was just taken out of a cast, got bumped by someone. When someone is treating them unfairly or they feel left out, they come and tell me.

Recently, my teacher put three kiddos who are facing some challenges right next to me, so I could provide immediate assistance at any given time. Providing such a large amount of support so constantly is really draining. As I'm writing this, I can feel my body telling me that a nap would sounds perfect right about now. I haven't even had dinner nor have I even got to spend much time with my hubster. I don't know what I'm going to do because it's really starting to affect the quality of time that my hubster and I spend together.

Realistically, I'll probably end up just maintaining the amount of dedication I have to the kiddos and just hope that they become more independent. o_0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi There,
What a sweet and perfect statement of motherhood taken seriously and with love. Go take a nap. Absolutely. And have a glass of wine or iced tea with hubster. For at least a half hour, you are you own sweet self, resting.
Denise
www.soulofaword.com